Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I broke Reddit.



I am not addicted to Reddit. But I sure can't seem to stop reading it.

I've been a member of Reddit for about half a year. The obsession set in quickly. By the second week, I was reading every other post. By the first month, I was completely dependent.

I mean, what's not to love? I'm getting interesting (and more-often-than-not hilarious) information constantly throughout the day. Pictures. Politics. Videos. Religion. Advertising. Feminism. It's tailored to include whatever I'm interested in. Not to mention I get to blow hours of time I don't have into reading the impressively witty and amusing comments of people I'll never meet.

But I feel like I know these people.

Granted, Reddit is not for everyone. It's to be taken with a bit of humor, and a grain of salt. A big heaping pile of sarcasm doesn't hurt either. The community is what makes Reddit. Insurmountable shameless displays of ignorance and genius all in one place. All of it great, in it's own way... even if you completely disagree. (Okay... not always. But that's what the downvote is for.)

But now, on this graveyard shift of life, Reddit is in what's called "emergency read-only mode".

What the hell is that, really? I can't log in. I can't comment. I can't vote. What CAN i do? (The answer would be, apparently, whine about it on my blog.)

Come on, Reddit. Don't fail me now. If nothing else, at least give me a good FAIL page.


No comments:

Post a Comment