Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sugarloaf Mountain

I don't appreciate the awesome things around me like I should.

I got a phone call today from James at 10:55am. This is a bit before my natural waking time. When I got in touch with James around 12:45, I discover he was calling to see if I wanted to go to Sugarloaf Mountain.

Yes! I wanted to go to Sugarloaf Mountain! What a great idea! Oh, but wait... James can't anymore. My response was too late. Well... I was determined to go anyways.

And I did go to Sugarloaf Mountain today. It was beautiful outside. After a bit of procrastination at the house, I packed a picnic lunch and drove out to Clarksburg.

Why did I think to do this earlier???

The mountain was beautiful. My friend Lindsay and I made our way up the trail, huffing and puffing as we came closer to the top. It was more of a work out than I remembered. It was worth it though.

The sun filtered through the trees perfectly and the view was magnificent. We found a nice flat rock and had our lunch.

It struck me that so many people have never had that view of the area we live in. It's really gorgeous. But I will bet that a good portion of the people living in Maryland have no idea what the lay of the land really loooks like. That's a view you can only see from high up. It made me think... I have no idea what a birds eye view of Missouri looks like, I should check that out. Everywhere is so unique, beyond the sites of everyday suburbia.

We even met some pretty cool kids during our adventure. Who would've thought?

I've decided I'm going to start doing things like going to Sugarloaf more often. It's right there, it's fun, it's a good work out, it's different, it's something to do, and it's free! Everyone should be getting in on this... honestly!

I'm going strawberry picking on Wednesday... and next week, I might try to tackle Great Falls. I'd like to ride my bike over in that area. It's good for that.

Maryland's alot more beautiful than a lot of people realize. We need to start appreciating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment